SPMT is acronym of Self Propelled Modular Transporters, they are composed of dead axles, pendulum drive axles and power pack unit (PPU). Drive axles are pendulum axles (suspensions) amounted with hydraulic motors, power pack unit is a diesel engine to supply power for move, steer and lift of SPMT. Normally SPMTs can be divided into two types:
1. Tie rod steering type. Non drive axles are like axles of hydraulic modular trailer, max steering angle is around 50 degrees.
2. Independent suspension type. Steering realized by gear and rack, and SPMT can move sideways like a crab.
- Radio remote control is an option
- All wheels steerable
- Platform height is adjustable
- Safety valve in hydraulic circuit
- End by end combination and side by side combination of each module are available
- Moving sideways like a crab is an option
What Can Self Propelled Modular Transporter Do
Transportation of oversize and overweight equipments like generator, transformer, gas turbine, windmill, nuclear reaction tower, etc in power, petroleum, shipbuilding, railway bridge construction, offshore and off road heavy loads projects.
If you want to know more information about how to operate Self Propelled Modular Transporters (SPMT) load out, please click here