What is solid tire
Solid tire is different with pneumatic tire, the tire body is solid, without steel cord as a framework and no need to inflate air in the tire, so there is no inner tube or inner airtight liner inside of the solid tire. It is an industrial tire that is suitable for running vehicles under the conditions of low speed and high loading capacity. Its safety, durability and low cost are obviously superior to pneumatic tires. It is widely used in various industrial vehicles, military vehicles, and construction machinery.
Solid tires are specialized for high load capacity vehicles and machines at low speeds, if the speed is too high, heat dissipation is a problem if running speed is t too high for solid tires.
So the rubber material for making solid tire should have features of the high elasticity, heat dissipation and wear resistance.
Besides tires, the rubber can also be used as the raw material of automobile silicone hose and rubber hose.
Can pneumatic tire be replaced by solid tire
In some working conditions, the pneumatic tire can be replaced by solid tire completely.
- If vehicle traveling at low speed
- If the operation for the vehicle is frequent and in high-efficiency mode, solid tires can change air tire to avoid the risk of the flat tire and reduce work of changing worn tires
Types of solid tires
Classified according to the manufacturing process:
- Cured on solid tire, vulcanized before put tire on the rim
- Pressed on solid tire, vulcanized after put tire on the rim
Classified according to shape:
- Cylindrical base solid tire
- Conical base solid tyre
Classified according to purpose:
- Anti-static solid tire
- Conductive solid tyre, It conducts static electricity avoids generate sparks. Flammable and explosive industries: gunpowder, oil, and chemical use such tyres to make sure no fire caused by static electricity sparks
- Smooth tire: The color of smooth tire is close or the same as the color of the floor, so that there is no trace left on the ground after tyre running on it, normally used in industries that have requirements on cleanness, such as medicine, electronics, food, and automobiles.
- Oil-resistance solid tyre, specialized on roads with greasy and oil dirt
- High-load capacity solid tire
What vehicles use solid tires
- Forklift, anti-riot vehicles, cash trucks, construction vehicles,
- Forestry vehicles, such as log trailer
- Heavy-duty dump truck for iron ore, coal
- Heavy-duty trailer and transporter, such as modular trailer and SPMT, also our newest generation electric SPMT
- Boarding bridge
Raw materials of solid tire
The main raw material of solid tires is rubber. Almost no hollow part inside the tyre. The structure and formula design of the advanced rubber compound can maximize the performance of solid tires.
Added with other ingredients, solid tires can have specific features to adapt to different requirements.
Features of solid tires
- No flat tire trouble
- No need to replace tire too often
- High stability performance
- Durable with low deformation rate
- Cost-effective maintenance
- Comfortable driving experience
- Improving working efficiency
- Can not use on public roads transportation, no overload, no over-speed, no long-distance transport, and no continuous running for a long time
- Durable working lifetime and able to work at all-weather conditions
China made solid tires are designed with an advanced technology that guarantees the overall running performance of the tires. The high strength rubber compound and steel cord support the overall structure of the tire, and fasten the tire and the rim make sure there is no slide between them.
The superior intermediate ply rubber is able to absorb the vibration generated between running wheels and ground.
Solid tires for SPMT and AGV
Improvements of solid tires made in China
Enhances the working performance of the solid tires via the advanced design of rubber formulas, especially the vital raw rubber materials are all imported from abroad, in return for reducing the heat generated by the running solid tires.
Custom-made solid tires are getting popular in China nowadays.
Installation of solid tires
Different from pneumatic tires, when you put solid tires on rims you need a special machine’s help.
- Match the tire with the rim first, make sure they are the same specification and width
- Lubricant can reduce the friction between the tire and the rim. Soap-suds and detergent water can be used as the lubricant. Do not use grease as the lubricant, because it can damage the rubber tire
- When the tire installed on the rim, they must be concentric
- Do no use different brands or models solid tires in the same pendulum axle or suspension, and do not mix the solid tires with pneumatic tires installed on the same vehicle
When the worn solid-tires have to be replaced
According to ETRTOEDI, the worn solid-tires have to be replaced when the tires’ profile (section) height wear to 3/4 that of original new tires.
D=Old wheel’s diameter
Dnew=New wheel’s diameter
Profile (section) height=D/Dnew-Drim
Storage of solid tyres
Because of sunshine, heat, and grease will accelerate the aging of rubber, so the storage place of solid tyres should avoid above mentioned substance. And solid tires are heavy, should keep them flat not upright just in case of injury.
Besides solid tires made in China, we also have other brands tires for your choice. Other industrial tires you may need: PU tires.